REAL ESTATE LAW & TOURISM LAW
The tourism sector is expanding rapidly in Portugal, with the main real estate operations concentrated in various regions of the country. It is also an area of law that involves activities which require specialised knowledge, ranging from public to civil law.
Fernando Messias Lawyer has specialised a range of practice areas who, together with lawyers having expertise and extensive experience in the tourism sector itself, provide legal support to some of in the hotel industry.
Our services include:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts (the sale and purchase of resort developments, for tourism operations, for the transfer of rights of use in holiday apartments, the transfer of timeshare property rights and obligations, hotel management contracts and others);
- Support in obtaining licences for the setting up and operation of resort developments that includes property, tourism and tax issues;
- Support in the conception and preparation of contract forms and models for resort developments and investments;
- Drafting the documents necessary to establish tourism developments, whether resorts, holiday villages or holiday apartments;
- Support in obtaining licences to set up and run tourism operations, including travel agencies;
- Litigation over disputes arising from tourism issues and resort developments;
- Preparation of legal opinions.